Sunday, June 24, 2012

Finding the Perfect Scoot

I recently purchased my Piaggio Typhoon 125 from Vespa of St. Louis. I had been thinking about buying a scooter for years, since the price of gas began rising beyond $2.50 per gallon and I finally gave in.

I had a hard time finding a scooter that would fit me comfortably. You see in a family of tall folks I am the outlier at 5'3" on a good day with a 28" inseam. Short with short legs. Perfect combination for finding the perfect scooter NOT.

So I explored my options. I tried the Yamaha Zuma 125, didn't seem tall but the seat is wide so it was tippy toes barely. I then tried the Honda Ruckus but couldn't stop hearing the theme from MASH when I was sitting on it. Vespa and Kymco had my poor little legs swinging in the air.

I really thought I was going to have to put the dream of owning a scooter to the wayside but just as I was about to give up the saleslady at Vespa St. Louis rolled out the Piaggio Typhoon and a new couple was born. Like goldilocks I found a scooter that was just RIGHT and baby came home later that week.

For all us shorties out there please don't give up on your dream to own a scooter look into the Piaggio Typhoon 125 you will not be disappointed.

Piaggio Typhoon 125

No comments:

Post a Comment