Sunday, June 24, 2012

Typhoon it's not just a weather PHENOMENA

Introducing my new baby. Piaggio's Typhoon 125.

She's a sweet ride. I'm just starting out having only recently obtained my Motorcycle Learner's permit after failing the MSF exam by ONE lousy point. But I'm not bitter. **much**

My MSF experience was less than ideal. I was given a scooter Yamaha Zuma 125, sweet scoot but much too tall for me. I couldn't reach the ground so during the class I had to have the scoot leaned over as I dragged that pup all over the range because I couldn't power walk it. Funny now, painful then.

I had an amazing time during the class, learned a lot but after dragging / pulling a 270lb bike for 12 hours over the course of two days my poor middle aged back gave out during a counter-balancing exercise and I could no longer even brace myself without pain. I took the test and failed by one point and during the retake I just couldn't push / pull that Zuma anymore and had to stop.  

But that's behind me, and now I'm enjoying my Typhoon and learning to trust my instincts and enjoy the ride.
I am now thoroughly addicted to scootering and have been fortunate enough to meet some really great people who are willing to take me under their wings and bring me up to speed so to speak safely.


No comments:

Post a Comment